Barge Inn Cooperative: Meeting Minutes
|20th March 2018 6pm||Meeting 5 of 5|
|Present||Andy Lingard, Nel Lingard, Steve Grist, Sharyn Jarvis, Sarah Huggins, Ben Pope
Apologies: Bethan Englefield
- Minutes of 13th March agreed by group.
- Draft rules – agree and sign off
Rules agreed and signed off – two outstanding queries that Nel will draft.
- Update from Ben’s conversation with Christies
- No accounts available
Christies are fine with overage
- Building work that hasn’t been remedied, a sum will need to be deducted from purchase price.
- Current owner doesn’t want to go to lease but there was discussion about a tenancy at will (no defined period, each side only needs to give one month’s notice).
- Christies does not have any instruction not to sell it to us. Current ownders lawyer have no instruction to not sell to us.
Situation with current owners discussed .
- Christie’s man will email Current Owner about confirmation about selling to us, tenancy at will.
- Esther – PR and TV. Esther was not able to join us at the meeting.
- Nick Brown – previous life in Mergers & Acquisitions & Legal officer for K&A group
– Ben is leaving on 10th April until end of November.
– Group agreed that in Ben’s absence, we will consult Nick with any legalese questions if needed and if he is able to help.
- Benefit gig tasks and countdown: Task list given out.
- AOB: We will have a valuation and survey then make a firm decision as to what we are prepared to pay.
Next Meeting: Southgate , Tuesday 27th at 6pm