Barge Inn Cooperative Meeting Minutes
|20th February 2018 6pm||Meeting 2 of 2|
|Present||Andy and Nel Lingard, Sharyn Jarvis, Steve Grist, Ben Pope, Sarah Huggins, Bethan Englefield.|
Minutes of 13th February Agreed
Agenda: Nel went through the project plan – all members to go through project plan with Plunket doc.
- Grants available – Andy will research and find out.
- Sharyn to go back to Plunkett people and seek mentor. Each member of Steering group to pledge £10 for membership.
- Legal – We need to write the rules – Ben to talk to banks on finding finance list to find out if they have panel lawyers and surveyors etc.
- We need start up costs for lawyers etc. Music night – Bouverie Hall – Sharyn contact and book. Fundraiser needs to raise £5000. Write to local businesses to donate raffle prizes, Nige to donate a barrel, £10 per ticket, Sharyn – rest of beer, get tickets printed (Chezzy), Chezzy to print posters. Merchandise – t-shirts (I’m INN??) Go for 31st
- Me to put list of banks up on email address for Ben to email everyone.
- Get writing to celebrities – research and write personal letters.
- Ben to set up Google Docs – spreadsheets etc.
- Steve to finish website.
- Bethan to talk to Stig, Pete and Emma at Swan in Enford (community pub) + chap who owns The Music Box.
Ben – see below for list of banks.
Parish Council can apply for a Public Works Loan which can be passed to organisation as grant
Community Development Finance Institutions
Go through Finding Finance – put in Wiltshire/250000-999999 – came up with these banks:
Charity Bank – www.charitybank.org
Big Issue Invest – www.bigissueinvest.com
FSE Local Growth Finance – www.thefsegroup .com
RBS Social and Community Capital – up to 750,000 – www.rbs.co.uk/scc
Resonance Community Land and Finance – email@example.com
Triodos Bank – (sounds really good, only lends to places that create real social, environmental and cultural value.